Oneindia.in - cricket

Sports - Videos - The Times of India

Thursday 15 September 2011

Mumbai bat to play for HP in Ranji; Valthaty


Dharamsala: Paul Valthaty, 27, the Mumbai batsman who came into the limelight for his power-hitting during the last season of the IPL, said he is looking forward to playing for Himachal Pradesh in the upcoming Ranji season.
HPCA secretary Vishal Marwaha confirmed last month that along with Valthaty, former India wicket-keeper Ajay Ratra (29) has also recently decided to join Himachal for the upcoming domestic season.
Having represented Goa for nearly four years, Ratra accepted HPCA's offer and will be leading their cause to gain promotion from the Plate to the Elite group.
Marwah also said that Tamil Nadu's S Sriram (35) has also shifted to Himachal to add further thrust to the team.
"Yes I had an offer from HPCA and after considering many factors, I finally took the decision to shift to Himachal. It is a better state than Goa in terms of advancement in cricket and it is also close to Faridabad, my hometown, and hence easy for me to commute," said Ratra.
Valthaty said: "Personally leaving Mumbai will be tough, after all my entire life has been based here (Mumbai), including my cricket. But when I got an offer from Himachal, I decided to move on."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Reuters Video: Top News

Reuters: Sports News

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCPenney Coupons