Oneindia.in - cricket

Sports - Videos - The Times of India

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Sachin Tendulkar is not my bunny: James Anderson


Sachin Tendulkar is not my bunny: James Anderson
Birmingham: James Anderson might have become the second most successful bowler against iconic Sachin Tendulkar in Test cricket but the England paceman does not believe that he has an upper hand over the Indian batsman.
Anderson has dismissed Tendulkar seven times in eight matches while retired Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan has taken the Indian batsman`s wicket eight times from 19 Tests.
"A lot of people are starting to mention it, but I genuinely don`t think I have anything over him. It is really nice to keep getting him out though and hopefully it will continue," Anderson said.
Anderson first took Tendulkar`s wicket in a Test in March 2006, three times in 2007, once next year and twice this year. He has also dismissed Tendulkar thrice in One-dayers.
Asked how he is managing to get Tendulkar so often, he said being mentally tough has helped him a lot recently.
"There are still plenty of times like at Trent Bridge earlier in that second innings (Tendulkar made 56), when I felt like I had nowhere to bowl at him. He was hitting me for boundary after boundary.”
"With all players as good as he is, it is just a question of hanging in there and hoping that you bowl one too good for him," he was quoted as saying by `Daily Express`.
"One area where I have really improved my game is mentally. In 2006-07 (when England were thrashed in the Ashes in Australia) I wasn`t in a great place mentally. Now I`m not thinking about who is at the other end. Believe it or not the battle between Sachin and me is not at the forefront of my mind. I concentrate on the plans we have talked about and bowling it there."
He believes that England can go on to whitewash India in the ongoing Test series. "I really don`t see why we can`t win this series 4-0."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Reuters Video: Top News

Reuters: Sports News

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCPenney Coupons