Oneindia.in - cricket

Sports - Videos - The Times of India

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Fletcher's appointment positive change


Fletcher's appointment positive change
Dubai: The appointment of Duncan Fletcher as the new coach of the Indian cricket team is a positive change as the Zimbabwean brings a wealth of experience to the table, feels former coach Gary Kirsten.
The 62-year-old Zimbabwean, who coached England with mixed results from 1999 to 2007, replaced a hugely successful Kirsten, who set a high benchmark for the Indian team and completed his stint with the memorable World Cup triumph.
"I did spend some time with Duncan and he asked some good questions about my process and time with the Indian side. He will have his own ideas about coaching the Indian side, it`s good, it will be a positive change," Kirsten stated.
"He has had great success with other teams so I have no doubt he will arrive and offer value to the India team. I can only offer my experiences and he takes what he would like to on board," the former South African opener aired his views at ICC Cricket World Radio Show.
He praised Fletcher`s coaching style while recollecting the memories when he was coached by the former Zimbabwe captain.
"Duncan has been a very successful coach and I was even coached by him early on in my career, I know about him and how he operates. I think he is going to enjoy working with the Indian team and the Indian players will enjoy working with him," he said.

Kirsten also did not rule out the possibility of returning to India as coach and said, "I don`t think I won`t go back to India, it`s a second home to me, whether its as a coach in the IPL, or coming to meet up with friends, or to speak for a work conference - I think I will always come back as it`s a country I enjoy being in," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Reuters Video: Top News

Reuters: Sports News

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCPenney Coupons