Oneindia.in - cricket

Sports - Videos - The Times of India

Saturday 30 July 2011

Boos from the crowd motivated me: Sreesanth

Boos from the crowd motivated me: Sreesanth


Nottingham: Temperamental India pacer S Sreesanth, who came in the team as a replacement for the injured Zaheer Khan, said the booing he received from the Trent Bridge crowd motivated him to do well during England’s first innings in the second Test on Friday.
Sreesanth sparkled in the seam-friendly Trent Bride conditions and returned with figures of three for 77, which included the wickets of Jonathan Trot, Kevin Pietersen and Matt Prior.
“You leave me alone and I might do something else but when you say I can’t do it, I do my very best, indeed better than the best. Thanks to them (crowd) for cheering me up,” said the pacer.
Sreesanth termed his stint with Warwickshire last year as the reason for his improvement as a fast bowler.
“Those four months with Warwickshire really helped me. (Warwickshire coach) Allan Donald worked with me. I used to try and do a lot of things. I used to bowl outswingers but he taught me to bring the ball in. A few little things like where to bowl, how to bowl, observe the stance of a batsman. Those 3-4 months (in county cricket) surely helped me,” he said.
The Kerala speedster was of the view that he has now matured as a bowler. “I just kept it simple. Since the wicket was doing it, I just had to hit the seam. It isn’t as if I quickly learnt to bowl the English length. For a fast bowler, it is important to hit the right area, right length,” Sreesanth said.
Talking about Pietersen’s wicket, Sreesanth said that he initially tried to fox the batsman with bouncers, which didn’t work but was happy to get his wicket eventually. “Pietersen is not exactly comfortable against bouncers. It was part of our plan. I first tried the slower one and then faster bouncers but both went for boundaries.
“It was still nice to get him out and thankfully, I had the last laugh at the end of the day,” he said.
He also wasn’t too upset that England managed to stage a recovery from a precarious position through the 73-run ninth-wicket stand between Stuart Broad (64) and Graeme Swann (28). “We knew one partnership would surely come. Broad went after us and took his chances. There were couple of chances but he got away with it. “It’s good England is fighting and it should be a good game,” Sreesanth said.
Sreesanth termed the Trent Bridge track as a bowler-friendly wicket. “It’s going to be a good wicket. It surely is swinging but the credit has to go to bowlers. If you bowl badly the batsmen will score runs.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Reuters Video: Top News

Reuters: Sports News

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCPenney Coupons